Share Button

Saturday 15 July 2017

"Let the children come to Me!" Worship in St Irene mission.

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
Glory to Jesus Christ! 
Glory to Him forever!

Kenya. Officially the Republic of Kenya, is a country in Africa and a founding member of the East African Community (EAC). 
In Nyandarua County Engineer, about 90 km from Nairobi, the capital of the country, is located the Saint Irene - Orthodox Mission Center, where I and my presbytera Triza manage this center. 

We have a number of about one hundred orphans or very poor children between the ages of 3 and 18. Needs and poverty are very high. Living conditions are rudimentary, poverty is at home. We are working hard with our volunteers to provide children with minimum education, food and clothing services. We also offer children and all residents of the area, religious services, catechism and religious education. 
The love of Christ manifests itself most alive in Orthodoxy. 
Goodness, compassion, mutual help, love of neighbor, charity and good deeds are the ingredients of this wonderful spiritual work. All are poor, lacking the most basic living conditions, no electricity or running water, without some basic facilities necessary for living, without which a child in developed countries can not actually live. 
In the shift are very happy! They have found the eternal happiness in Jesus Christ, our Lord! It's amazing! A chubby child, always hungry, dirty and thirsty, you see him with a smile on his lips all the time.The soul happiness that comes from the cleansing of the soul, sincerity and simple living, only multiply the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 
The water brings it along with children and volunteers from a river that is a few miles away.
We transport it to the center in plastic barrels and we use it both for food preparation and for drinking.
The barracks of the planks are used both for classrooms, kitchens or places of worship, where they perform the Holy Liturgy and other Christian Misteryes. We have baptized hundreds of children, young and less young, teaching all the Word of Truth.
Please believe me, without your help and love, I could not do anything. According to the word of Christ the Savior, "You can not do without Me!" I have done with Him, through you, absolutely everything! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I taught them to praise the Lord in song and prayer. We pray for you our brethren in faith, and we will all remember in our prayers! Be with your soul in our troubles and poverty! I beg of all my heart to help me to help these little children, in whom the image of God shines. They enjoy for very few gifts! For a cup of tea and a slice of bread, for a hat or pair of stockings, for a cheap coat or even for a bottle of clean water. They are not pretentious!
Today I sang all to God, I praised Him and I glorified Him with a banging of his hands, at the urging of the Psalmist. Their little souls were glad, but I was sad because I was thinking that tomorrow morning I had nothing to give them to eat. But I have great hope in Christ! It will surely help us, as it is so far!
Please join us! 
Be our benefactors, your humble men!
Give us your little one! 
I know you're going through the hardships, but a small coin for us means a lot!


Be our dear sponsors!

To help us visit our website and donate through PayPal.
Click here: www.stireneorthodoxmission.org


Thank you for your help!
 
God bless you all!
Lord have mercy!
  
Fr Constantino's Eliud
Director & Priest-in-Charge
www.stireneorthodoxmission.org